How To Record Your Computer Screen With VLC Player?
Do you know how to record screen on windows? or how to make a video of your computer screen?? You must be thinking using different apps or screen recorder for PC like Camtasia, SRecorder, right?? Yes, you are somewhat right.
But, let me tell you such software are not free. If you are looking for free ways to know how to record your computer screen, then you have come to the right place. Today, I’ll show you how to record your computer screen for free.
Screen recorders can be many, but it’s not always that we have them on our computer. Sometimes we have to record our screen in a hurry and we don’t have any screen recorder at the moment. In that case, we have to think of some quick and easy ways for screen recording.
If any of such case is with you, and if you have ever wondered how to record my computer screen, our guide ” how to record your computer screen” is going to be a significant help to you. let’s head to the guide.
How To Record Your Screen On PC:
Have you ever thought that VLC media player can have a feature like recording screen?? I’m sure you have not. VLC is a feature rich media player. It possesses several features which we have not even thought of. VLC screen capture feature is something which allows us to record our screen. Let’s see how do we do that.
1. First of all, open your VLC media player and click on ‘Media’ in the menu bar on the top of the screen. Here, under the drop-down list of options, select ‘Open Capture Device’. Or simply press ‘Ctrl+C’ on your keyboard.
2. You can see a new open media dialog popped up. Here, under ‘Capture Device’ we need to configure a few options. Select Desktop next to the Capture mode. Then write 20.00 f/s, ‘under Desired frame rate of the capture’. Now, in the bottom of the window, select Convert on clicking ‘Play’ button. See the screenshot for understanding each and every option carefully.
3. The moment you are done with all the above-mentioned settings, a new dialog box will pop up. Here, choose the destination of the video file you are supposed to record by clicking on ‘Browse’ and name the file with .mp4 extensions. For example vid01.mp4 and click Save.
4. After choosing the file destination, Click on the create new profile icon next to the [X], again a dialog will open.Write any name under Profile Name and select MP4/MOV under Encapsulation. Then click on Save. Once you do this, you’ll be redirected to the Conver window again.
5. Now click on ‘Start’ Button. Your screen recorder is ready and up. Record whatever you want to and once done, Click on the Stop in the main VLC screen.
Now, your video file is recorded and saved on your prescribed location. Navigate through the file and open it with desired media player. Your recorded video will start playing right away.
I’m sure the question ‘how to record something on your computer’ won’t haunt your mind anymore.
This was all about how to record videos on PC. I hope you have got all the steps clearly. The steps might seem difficult in one go, but if you will try doing them, you’ll find that it’s damn easy.
Screen recorders can be very useful sometimes. If you want to create a tutorial or want to record some trick or something. VLC screen recorder provides good quality videos like any other screen recorder software. Though, the options are not as many as we find in premium screen recorders, but they are considerably good, I must say.
If you have any queries or doubt regarding the steps, mention in the comments section. We will try to reach you as soon as possible.