How to Secure Dropbox Files and Folder With Password?
Using Dropbox for storing and sharing files is all common nowadays and it is not just being used for the business purpose but also for storing other important data that you don’t use so often. Whatever be the purpose, but with 300+ million users (as per statista), dropbox really matters for people.
So what about the security of the files and folders that you put into the dropbox…???
What about the security of shared link that you create to share files with some particular individual…????
So in this article, I will tell you how to password protect your files and folders in dropbox. So that only the people with whom you share the password can view the files.
Password Protect Dropbox Files and Folders
Method 1: If you are a Dropbox Pro or Dropbox Business user, then Dropbox allows you to password protect your shared link without need of any third party app. Here is how you can do it
- Open you Dropbox account.
- Create a folder and drop all the files to be shared or password protected into that folder. You can also zip the folder before setting the password if you wish to.
- Click on the hidden “Share” button next to the file or folder as shown in the screenshot.
- Click on “Send Link”. Click on “Set visibility / expiration”.
- Select “Only people with the password” and type the desired password and Click “Save settings” to save it.
- So now you are ready with your password protected link. Share it to the people you want to along with the password to open it.
Method 2: Another way to password protects your files in a Dropbox is by using Passdropit. Passdropit lets you create the custom easy to remember password protected links. It only lets you protect the files not the whole folder so if you want to password protect any folder, first you need to zip it and then share the link of that zipped file. Here is how you do it.
- Go to https://www.passdropit.com/.
- Click on “Choose a file via Dropbox” Sign in to your Dropbox account.
- Choose the file that you want to password protect.
- Change the link as you want to. You can leave it as it is. Same goes with the password. You can choose your own or use its auto-generated one. Click on save.
- Now copy and paste your link and password to share it.
- You can directly send mail to the people you want to share it with by clicking on Share.
If you have some more ways of securing dropbox files with password, then, please them below in the comments.
If you found this article useful, then please share it with your friends. Stay Tuned for more.