How I Blocked A Website in Google Chrome Using Extension?
Do you want to restrict someone to access a particular website while browsing internet using your PC? Do you want to learn how to block a website in Google Chrome? Then this tutorial is for you. Here we’ll talk about blocking a particular website in Google chrome by using an extension.
What You’ll learn?
1. Blocking websites in Google Chrome
2. Protecting unblocking with password
Why To Block Websites?
Sometime it being necessary to block some websites into your browser so that no one can access it. Like institutions or colleges prevent accessing facebook in the classrooms. So, this is a cool idea to restrict someone from accessing such sites. And if you think blocking sites is really tough then you are going to smile because I’m sharing a very easy to follow tutorial and you can easily do the job in less than 5 minutes.
How to Restrict Websites in Google Chrome?
You can watch the above video tutorial or simply follow the below steps:
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on Customize and Control Google Chrome button
- Go to Tools > Extensions
- Click on Get more Extensions at the bottom of the page
- Search for “Block Site“
- Now click on the + FREE button and then add the extension to your browser
- After that, again go to Tools > Extensions and click the “Option” link of that extension
- Now type the URL of the site which you want to block in the List of blocked sites field and click on Add Page button.
- You are done. Now if you try to open any blocked site, an error message will come like this:
Unblocking the website is super easy. Simply click the red cross button in front of the website name and you are done.
Protecting Website Unblocking With Password
You have successfully blocked the website of your choice but what if someone unblock it back? In that case you need to protect unblocking with password. It’ll increase the security level and your PC will be safe from those sites. Let’s see how to do that.
- Click the Uninstall Protection button
- Enter the password and click on Set password button.
- You are done!
By following these simple steps, you can easily block any of the website in Google chrome. If you enjoyed the tutorial, then please subscribe our Youtube channel and follow us on Google plus for latest tutorials updates. Thanks! 🙂